Workplaces Respond can share its expertise via technical assistance to workplace stakeholders seeking to promote workplace cultures of support for survivors, and engage in prevention of gender-based violence affecting the workplace. With this assistance, workplace communities can both better recover from incidents of violence, and as well as support workers who experience domestic violence, sexual harassment & violence, and stalking at home or on the job. In particular, Workplaces Respond has a wealth of experience and expertise working with sectors where low-wage and immigrant workers are especially vulnerable to violence and exploitation, such as the agriculture, restaurant, hospitality, health care, janitorial/domestic work, and retail industries.
Upon request, and resources permitting, Workplaces Respond:
- Creates and disseminates culturally-relevant and industry-appropriate best practices to increase worker safety and economic security.
- Provides referrals & background information on the impacts of domestic and sexual violence, harassment, and stalking on the workplace.
- Facilitates live and web-based education programs and training on existing best practices for employers, government agencies, and labor organizations.
- Review workplace policies and practices that both prevent as well as respond to domestic and sexual violence, harassment, and stalking impacting the workplace.
Recent Technical Assistance Requests:
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Unite Here Local 23
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management
“Working with Futures has been very positive. [The team] adapted to our needs, for example doing an in-person review of draft materials. We appreciated the careful needs assessment.” –UNITE HERE! Local 23 Representative
“Working with Futures has been very positive. [The team] adapted to our needs, for example doing an in-person review of draft materials. We appreciated the careful needs assessment.”
UNITE HERE! Local 23 Representative
100 Montgomery Street, The Presidio
San Francisco, CA 94129
Phone: (415) 678-5500
Fax: (415) 529-2930
TTY: (866) 678-8901
Washington, DC Office
1320 19th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 595-7382
Fax: (202) 299-1292
After you submit a request through the form below, Workplaces Respond will get back to you within five business days via email or telephone.
Please be aware that Workplaces Respond is not a direct service provider or legal service provider for survivors experiencing violence and harassment. If you are needing immediate support, please contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline or the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network. Please do not share confidential information through this form.